Y5 were lucky enough to be chosen to take part in ‘Trees for Learning’ with the Mersey Forest Team. Dressed for the occasion in waterproofs, wellies and warm clothes we ventured out into the school grounds and planted different plants along the front of the fence.
We discussed the different reasons for wanting to plant the trees and came up with some ideas;
- Habitats for wildlife (a link to our recent science topic)
- To help reduce carbon from the air (a link to our rainforest topic and deforestation)
- Privacy when out on the school grounds
- Sharp/spiky plants to prevent intruders
- They look attractive/add to the scenery
We were taught how to properly dig and plant the different trees/plants and how to clean our boots and shovels once we were finished.
A massive thank you to the Mersey Forest Team, from Y5!
Values & Ethos
Latest Ofsted Report
Our free communication app allows us to provide parents with instant access to our important messages and up to date school information.
Please contact the school office if you have not received your personal invite.